Animation Colleges New Zealand Limited Privacy and Security Policy
This section provides information on all personal information that Animation College New Zealand Limited (“we, us, our”) collects and uses about our customers.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you may provide to us whether in person or via any website. Our Privacy and Security Policy (“this policy”) explains how we collect and use your personal information, the security precautions we take, how you can access your personal information and how you can complain if you are of the view that your privacy has been breached.
We are committed to complying with applicable privacy laws and will take all reasonably available measures to protect your privacy.
This policy applies to our treatment of personal information collected by us when you enter and use our website, when you provide information and when you use our services and products or enter our promotions. This policy also covers the treatment of any personal information that our business partners share with us or that we may collect from our business partners' websites. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control or to people that we do not employ or manage.
This website is owned and run by us. This policy should be read in conjunction with our website terms and conditions of use and any other policies that we may develop from time to time.
By using this website, you acknowledge that you have received notice of this policy.
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is provided and the type of service that you have requested from us.
We collect personal information about our customers through our website and in person, over the telephone and through expo events.
If you provide information to us about another person (such as a spouse, or relative) then you are responsible for making that individual aware that you have disclosed their personal information to us and that we can use their information as set out in our Privacy and Security Policy. Please direct them to the our Privacy and Security Policy which can be accessed by clicking on the link underneath the heading "Important Information".
We may use common internet technologies such as cookies, your IP address or local shared objects on our websites and our emails. A cookie, IP address or a local shared object is information that a website puts on your hard disk so that it can remember something about you at a later time.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information then we may not be able to:
• offer our services to you;
• answer your enquiry; or
• meet any special needs or requests you may have; or
• provide course information
Further, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information you may not be eligible for fulltime study or short course options.
We may use the information collected by cookies or by local shared objects to:
• track website usage patterns;
• display content more relevant to you, based on information we collect when you visit our website;
• enable you to use certain services on our websites;
• assess effectiveness of online and email advertising campaigns or improve the site's contents; and
• recognise your preferred web page layout on our web pages.
In general, you can visit most parts of our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers, however, can identify the domain names and IP addresses of visitors.
Uses of Information
The purposes for which your personal information will be used by us will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. We may use the personal information we collect:
• to assist in providing the services you request, including course information, Student for a Day events, short courses and/or special events;
• for identity verification purposes including for course application processes with Studylink;
• to process any communications you request ;
• to answer phone enquiries;
• to conduct surveys and internal research;
• to provide promotional alerts and other electronic information services;
• to assist NZQA audit processes;
• to comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions;
• to identify and present offers from us or from third parties that may be of interest to you;
• any other use that you authorise or request.
If we disclose your personal information to third parties (such as data processing organisations) for any of the purposes described here, we will take reasonable steps, where we are in a position to do so, to require the third parties to strictly comply with our instructions and not use the information for any other purpose.
There are some circumstances in which we will not be in a position to require third parties to comply with our Privacy and Security Policy. This includes for example, where you use links on Animation College’s website to access other websites (as described below underneath the heading "Protection of personal information").
We may share your personal information if required to do so by law, court order, summons or other legal process, as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority, or when we believe in good faith that it is in the interests of security or that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
Protection of personal information
• Our website provides links to other websites for your convenience and assistance. If you use these links then you leave our website. Please note that these websites may have different security and privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility and/or any liability for any information that you divulge to these sites and how these websites or the organisations that own and manage those websites may collect or use your personal information.
• We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect is secure, accurate and up to date and is protected against loss, theft and unauthorised use or modification. Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that we collect and accordingly, personal information you provide to us is provided at your own risk. Please contact us immediately if you believe that your personal information has not been protected.
Changes to our Privacy and Security Policy
• We may change our Privacy and Security Policy from time to time. If we change our Privacy and Security Policy, we will also change the date recorded below as the date on which the policy was last updated. Changes to our Privacy and Security Policy will be displayed on our website.
• We recommend that you routinely review our Privacy and Security Policy.
Can I make a complaint?
• If you are of the view that we have breached your privacy, please contact us as set out in the "Contact details" section.
You are responsible for ensuring the security of the personal information held on your computer, mobile or other device.
Access to and permitted uses of our websites and mobile apps
Access to and use of our websites and mobile apps is not guaranteed and may be restricted or blocked without prior notice for maintenance, operational or technical reasons.
You may only access and use our websites and mobile apps to view the availability of our goods and services for your personal and domestic purposes and to transact lawful and authorised business with Animation College and for no other purpose.
You must not use our websites or mobile apps to make an unauthorised, false or fraudulent enquiryand you must not take any action that could interfere with the normal operation of our websites or mobile apps.
Your use of our websites and mobile apps must not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
The material on our websites and mobile apps is protected by copyright law and the names and logos are trademarks and are protected by trademark law. Animation College retains all intellectual property rights worldwide to the software, technology, processes, materials and products on our websites and mobile apps. You must not use, copy, monitor, modify, transmit, store, extract, publish or distribute any material on or accessed via our websites or mobile apps without prior written permission from Animation College; except that you may print (or download onto a single computer or device) one copy only of information that is directly relevant to an enquiry you have made or a product or service you have purchased, or genuinely intend to purchase.
Third party websites, features, products and services
Third party features, products and services that may be available for use on our websites and mobile apps or may be accessed via our websites or mobile apps are subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of the third party owners of the relevant features, products or services. The third party terms and conditions may, amongst other things, govern the ownership, use of, and access to the third party features, products or services.
Our websites and mobile apps may contain promotional information about third party products and services and links to (and frames of) third party websites. We do not endorse third party websites or third party products and services and have no liability in respect of your dealings with third parties. You maintain full responsibility for your dealings with third parties and your use of third party websites, applications, products or services. If we assist you with a third party enquiry; or with the use of or purchase of a third party application, product or service, we do so in our sole capacity as agent for the third party.
Limitation of liability
Subject to claims available under consumer protection laws, Animation College is not liable (in negligence, tort, breach of contract, or otherwise) for any loss or damage (including direct or indirect loss, or special or consequential loss) arising out of or in connection with:
• the use of (or inability to use) our websites or mobile apps by you or anyone else; and or
• the breach in the security of your computer, mobile or other device or the access to any information held on your computer, mobile or other device by unauthorised third parties.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Animation College makes no warranties (express or implied), and makes no representations, with respect to:
• the availability of our websites, mobile apps, website functions and or mobile app functions for your use;
• inability to access or use our websites or mobile apps due to lack of network coverage or connectivity;
• website and mobile app disruptions, defects and technical errors that may occur from time to time;
• viruses and other harmful elements that may be present on websites, software and servers and mobile apps; and
• third party websites, applications, products and services.
Laws of New Zealand apply